Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Revising my Plan

  • What have you learned so far that you can apply in your instructional practice?
    • So far, I have learned that keeping parent and student communication simple is one of the best ways to keep it open. Too many sites to remember, or too many links to click through can be a turn-off to students and parents who have many other teacher sites to check, and many other things going on outside of school.
    • I have also seen that participating in learning communities to push technology is challenging, but rewarding
  • What goals are you still working toward?
    • I am still working on my goal of communicating with parents and students with digital tools. I want to continue to reach out to more people this way.
    • This Friday, I will work some more on my second goal as I will be attending a workshop on technology implementation
  • Based on the NETS-T, what new learning goals will you set for yourself?
    • I don't think I want to set new goals just yet. I would like to work on the ones I have right now.
  • If you are not ready to set new learning goals, how will you extend what you have learned so far?
    • I am thinking of teaching a technology workshop in the future to colleagues.
  • What learning approaches will you try next time to improve your learning?
    • I think I would like to participate in more online forums next time to gather information about what I am learning

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you are on the right track. I agree that simplicity is key when dealing with both parents and students. It is important to realize that you are not the only teacher they have with expectations. It is crucial not to overload them.

    ReplyDelete