Wednesday, February 17, 2010

GAME plan with Students

When it comes to helping my students meet the technology standards outlines in the NETS-S, I think it would be great to use the GAME plan. Take, for example, NETS-S standard 1b, “Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology. Students: create original works as a means of personal or group expression.”
To accomplish this standard with my students, I will first set a goal. The goal could be to have the students develop a digital story that demonstrates the qualities outlined in the standard. My action would be to teach the students how to create a digital story by modeling an example, and handing out directions. I could then let them play with the program and monitor them while they do so. To evaluate the assignment, I will look at their final product. The GAME plan works well for each of the standards, and will help the students become proficient.

2 comments:

  1. Marcella, I think you are on the right track to help your students set goals for themselves. Modeling will provide them with the right skills they need to acieve these goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you gave a specific example of how to incorporate the GAME plan with your students. It sounds like a great activity. I hope it goes well for you and your students.

    ReplyDelete