Saturday, March 7, 2009

My Test Blog

Below is a link to a test blog I created for my students. I had a small class where more than half of my students were out because of a field trip, so I offered the remaining students the opportunity to blog a bit. I posted some pictures and told them to just write their thoughts/ reactions/knowledge about the pictures. Each student received a laptop, and we ran the class like a distance learning lab where I sat at a computer and read, replied to, and approved their posts.
The students were engaged, and they enjoyed it. I still feel like it needs improvement.

How could I have improved this assignment?

My test blog

1 comment:

  1. Well, if I understood Italian (I THINK it was Italian) I'd probably love it even more! I was able to understand the concept of what you were doing though and think that is a great idea for language students. Perhaps when you have more of the class next time, you could post pictures as well as phrases. For the phrases, the students would have to write what it means to them (just a short paragraph). As your students get more advanced they could write stories or submit class assignments on your blog!

    ReplyDelete