Thursday, July 23, 2009

Constructivism/ Constructionism Projects

Powerpoint is a great tool for the Constructivism/ Constructionism theories to be applied. It is one of my favorite programs to use with my students for assessments. I think any technology that the students create a product with applies to this theory. I also like to use podcasting with iMovie and garageband with my students. You can do so much more media wise with these. What are some other technologies you use in your class that can apply to this theory?

3 comments:

  1. I too am a huge fan of Powerpoint. My students enjoy customizing their layouts. The hardest thing for them is to limit how much information they put on each slide. I am not familiar with garageband. It sounds interesting, what is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I mentioned in our discussion for this week, I like using webquests. It's a great way for students to take control of their learning, without relying on me for the answers. Through my classes at Walden, I have also learned a lot about using wiki's, which I plan on integrating as part of my students' journal writing in the upcoming school year. You mentioned that you like to using power points. What units/themes have you used them with?
    ~ Brooke Sieg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oletha: In podcasts (using the program garageband), students can use clipart, sound, video clips, transitions, and many other types of media to make their product. You should try it out!

    Brooke: Webquests are great. I have used powerpoints in almost all units. I teach world language and have used powerpoint for students who do not have video camera access to create an "MTV Cribs" show where they take the class on a tour of their home and describe it at the end of our home unit. They love it!

    ReplyDelete