Sunday, June 27, 2010

Reflection 6715

The assignment I completed throughout weeks 6 and 7 of the course demonstrates what I have learned throughout the course. In my assignment, I developed a plan to implement a technology (online learning module) to help my students reach certain learning objectives. I think the plan demonstrates that I can effectively defend the use of a technology in my classroom to promote student learning. I have learned reasons that these technologies will help students, and am able to backup my argument for their implementation.
I plan to look at any emerging technologies with a more critical eye, and ask myself the following questions:
• How will this technology change my classroom?
• What technology is this replacing?
• Will this technology benefit student learning more than the one it is replacing?
• What kind of training will I need to successfully use this in the classroom?
• How can I convince others that this is a worthwhile technology?
• Does this support the student as a 21st century learner? How so?

I think these questions are important to answer to determine the validity of the new technology. I also think it will be important to gather a group of a few colleagues to help me lead the adoption of the technology in our school.

No comments:

Post a Comment